Wednesday 6 August 2014

Washi Tape Wires

We have just finished a week of cleaning and purging here at Sprout's House, and already the house feels lighter and brighter. The sitting room was one of the last rooms I tackled and I nearly lost the will when I noticed this...


Eek....double eek in fact! It was a tangle of wires along with layer upon layer of dust! 

So here's how to tame those unruly wires with some washi tape!

Remove equipment that you no longer use - out went the Freesat box. (No reason to keep dusting something you don't use!)

Switch off and unplug all the equipment, dust the flexes and then wrap a piece of washi tape around each cable at the plug end. Label the washi tape so that you know which plug belongs to which piece of equipment.




For the sake of simplicity, you can also wrap a small piece of washi tape around the cables that connect the boxes to the TV and each other so it is easy to identify which wire belongs to which box!




And ta-dah you're done. 

Here's to quick tasks that help tidy things up!
What 5 minute tricks do you have up your sleeve to help you tidy?

Sprout’s House
 xox

10 comments:

  1. Great idea! And boy, are you organized!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! Thanks for hosting. Have a good day. xox

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic idea! I have tons of Washi tape and never thought about using it this way. I'm definitely doing this. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, Thanks so much for commenting. I'm glad you have found another way to use all that Washi tape you have! xox

      Delete
  3. This is pure genius! I hate, hate, hate, the day I finally get around to making sense of the tangled web of dust-coved wires behind the desk. I can never understand how they get in such a tangled mess! A little colorful washi tape would certainly make the job more pleasant, and eliminate that "oh my goodness, where does this one go?" problem. Thanks for sharing your great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea! I always have to follow the wires down to the plug to see which is which :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant idea! I hate the jumble of wires behind our tv #mmwbh

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to do this! Pinned. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just the cutest idea! Washi tape is something I don't have at home...yet! I keep meaning to buy some when I am out, but typical me I forget everytime, lol! Gorgeous idea though. Thanks so much for linking up with MMWBH xx

    ReplyDelete