Friday 8 August 2014

Desk Dilemma

I have finally started sanding Sprout's old fashioned desk. Hooray! Those of you who have been following our adventures for a while may remember that this was one of the presents we bought for her third birthday and I had grand plans to renovate it over the summer holidays - last year!

This was how the desk looked a couple of days ago....

Desk Dilemma

and here she is now! Isn't she so much more beautiful now all that paint has been removed? 


Desk Dilemma

There is still a little bit more sanding to do, but hopefully I'll finish that over the weekend.

Now comes the difficult part - what to do with the desk next? I am quite keen to continue experimenting with Annie Sloan's chalk paints (I used them for the Memory Boxes) and of course Sprout is very keen on a pink theme. She has approved two colours so far which luckily tie in with the curtains she already has in her room.

Desk Dilemma
However having seen how beautiful the desk is underneath all that hideous paint, I am wondering whether it would be a shame to cover up the wood again. Perhaps just a layer or two of wax would be enough?

Let me know your thoughts and have a great weekend.

Sprout’s House
  xox

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing at Share it Sunday. Shared today on FB. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about the wax or stain on the outside, and a pop of pink inside the drawers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up with us at Share it Sunday. Shared on FB page. I think you should use the grey chalk paint with the fabric inside. That would be cool and a good surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my daughter would go nuts over this! We're on the prowl for a little desk like this for her room - she says she'd do her schoolwork there! :)
    I would definitely go with the paint. Those colors are just gorgeous, and she won't always be so little. :)
    I'm looking forward to seeing how it all turns out in the end, when you decide what you want to do. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colors you picked for her desk. How long did it take you to pick them out? It takes me at least a month to pick out colors that I can live with and that I think fit my style. I would like to invite you to post a link on the blog hop I am hosting. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good! I like the pink personally, and you call always re-strip it again in the future if she grows out of it.
    Visiting from. # mmwbh

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! Pinned. It is always a pleasure to have you be a part of our party! Please join us tonight at 7 pm. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that desk is lovely even before the sanding down! I am rather excited to see how it turns out. Those colours your daughter have chosen are beautiful. Thanks for linking up with MMWBH xx

    ReplyDelete