Wednesday 23 October 2013

How to create a Decorating Folder

In a fit of organisation and forward planning, as well as an attempt to fool myself into thinking that we are making even just a tiny bit of house related progress, I have made a Decorating Folder.


It took all of about 15 minutes to put together, and will be a great place to store all my paint and material swatches, cuttings from magazines, room measurements as well as any other information I might need to decorate Sprout’s House.


I chose a simple red folder from the Martha Stewart range at Staples – in the hope that being such a bright colour it will never get lost even under piles of furniture and dust!


 On the inside cover, there is a pocket which I have used to store some of my paint swatches.


At the front of the folder is a plastic zipper pouch which I have used to store more paint swatches, some pens and also some little note tabs. This is followed by file dividers decorated with washi tape – one for each area or room in Sprout’s House.



Between the file dividers, I have placed a couple of plastic pockets so it’s easy to add any ideas I find. I also used a special plastic pocket that is divided into 4 sections so all my ideas are clearly displayed. 


Has anyone else used a decorating folder? Let me know how you got on and if I have missed anything vital out of mine!

Sprout’s House
      xox

1 comment:

  1. I was hooked as soon as I saw the title decorating folder, love decorating and stationery! great idea for keeping everything together :)

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete