Friday 6 September 2013

Top Ten Uses for Dried Lavender


We have two enormous lavender bushes in our garden, and they have loved all the sunshine we have had this year.  Sprout has been fascinated by all the bumble bees and butterflies that have been attracted to them.



It seemed a shame for all those fragrant buds to go to waste so a few weeks ago Sprout and I cut a handful of stems and hung them in the cupboard under the stairs.  


I did a little research into the best way to dry the stalks and discovered that using an elastic band (or in our case a hair tie with blue hearts on – not mine obviously!) instead of string was advised as the drying process shrinks everything.  The elastic band shrinks with the stems as they dry keeping them in a nice tight bunch.


Having never dried lavender before, I thought I would have a quick scout around the internet to find out what I could do with it once it has dried other than put it in my pants drawer!

Here’s a round-up of 10 ideas....











The Lavender lemonade and shortbread look delicious and are definitely floating my boat at the moment.  Let me know if you’ve got any other ideas of what I could do with my lavender!

Sprout’s House
           xox

No comments:

Post a Comment