Sunday 10 March 2013

Cupcake Challenge

Evening Sprout’s House residents! I hope you have all had a good weekend?! I am in the process of de-lurgifying myself after a week of germ warfare, so it’ll just be a short post tonight.

As Sprout is turning three next week, my foggy, mucus filled brain cells having been pondering the CAKE issue!! Now, I am by no means a cook.  In fact, truth be known Sprout’s Daddy does most of the cooking, but I do like to dabble. So it has become a little ritual each year that I spend some time researching birthday cakes.

For Sprout’s first birthday, I used my fabulous Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook and made cupcakes similar to these arranged in the shape of a number one.


Last year, I decided to get a bit more adventurous. Sprout was going through a ‘nee naw’ (fire engine) phase, so I made a fire engine cake. I can’t tell you how much red food colouring it took to take the cake from salmon pink to fire engine red. Best not to think about it….




This year, I have returned to the cupcake theme but on a GIANT scale……..



Hmm…I think I might have bitten off more than I can chew?!! Apparently, this thing needs a 6 egg cake mix. I’m not even sure what that is….. Serious internet research will be required to take on the GIANT CUPCAKE!!


Sprout’s House
           xox

No comments:

Post a Comment