Sunday 23 March 2014

Sunday Morning Smoothie

Happy Sunday everyone!! Here’s a simple smoothie recipe to get your day off to a good start.

Sunday Morning Smoothie with chia seeds and coconut water

Ingredients
400ml rice milk/almond milk/milk etc
400ml coconut water
2 bananas
1 cup frozen mango
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp Linwoods Milled Flaxseed, Cocoa and Berries
Serves 2

1.   Add all the ingredients to a jug/blender.
2.   Leave for 30 minutes so the mango defrosts a little and the chia seeds have a chance to soak up some of the liquid.
3.   Whiz in a blender or with a handheld blender.
4.   Pour into glasses and enjoy.


Sunday Morning Smoothie with chia seeds and coconut water

This smoothie is a great pick me up for the morning after the long night before whether it was alcohol related or small child related!!?? Packed with coconut water to rehydrate, banana and mango to give you a vitamin hit, and chia seeds to stabilize blood sugar and help you stay fuller for longer you’ll be raring to go before you know it!!


Use the comments below to let me know how you get on or even add your own versions!! 

Sprout’s House
      xox
Come and join in the FUN at Mandy's Recipe Box

All Things Thursday Blog Hop


24 comments:

  1. Love a smoothie! Looks good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great.............thank you for posting this.....we love smoothies and use kefir along w/ many other things.....will need to try some of what you use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't heard of kefir - what is it? Hope you have a great weekend. xox

      Delete
  3. I love smoothies this looks great. Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by and hosting the hop. Hope you have a good weekend! xox

      Delete
  4. love the smoothie where can I get some of the ingredients i.e the chia seeds and the flax seed mix would love to know thanks for sharing visiting from weary chef hop have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, Sorry for the slow reply! Do you have a health food shop near where you live? You will probably find the chia seeds and flax seed mix there. If not then you can order them off Amazon -
      Chia seeds - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=chia+seeds
      Flaxseed - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_0_4?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=flax+seed&sprefix=flaz%2Caps%2C303&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aflax+seed
      Hope that helps!
      xox

      Delete
  5. I love smoothie and yours means to be yummy! I'll tested that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love smoothie and your seems to be yummy! I will try earlier! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a wonderful breakfast smoothie! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, Thanks for hosting Home and Garden Thursday and have a great weekend. xox

      Delete
  8. Sounds so good! What's even better is I have all of the ingredients :) I'll be trying this soon! Thanks for sharing. I found you on the Mom-Lovin Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, Thanks for dropping by and I hope you like the smoothie when you try it!! Have a good weekend. xox

      Delete
  9. I love your suggestion to let the mango soften a bit before blending. I make a similar banana/mango smoothie, but it often ends up so frozen I get a brain freeze when I try to drink it. I'm also going to have to try the addition of coconut water. Pinned! (Stopping by from Snickerdoodle Sunday.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm yum. Do I have to wait till sunday? Lol. thanks for sharing with us on Snickerdoodle sunday, I will have to try this recipe out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great nutrition with the added chia seeds ingredient. Love those omega 3s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica, Chia seeds are great, and as they absorb so much water they are great for thickening drinks up too. xox

      Delete
  12. I need me some more smoothie recipes!!! Thanks for sharing this one!! I need the morning pick me up and it's not from alcohol or kids...must just be age :( wah wah wah

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad I found this at Dare to Share! I recently started a vegan diet and I'm looking for all the great recipes I can get. Breakfast seems to be the hardest so far and this smoothie is a great option. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! I love chia seeds and am adding them to everything lately. I am pinning this and trying for sure!

    I am featuring your post at my Friday Favorites post today. Thanks for joining Say G'Day Saturday!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  15. ZOMG. I must try this, I am addicted to chia!

    ReplyDelete